The Watertown Library Association is a nonprofit organization which has served the reading and research needs of its community since 1865.
Our mission is to provide our patrons with access and guidance to materials, resources and services for their information, education and enrichment of life. Through computer technology we provide access to our own collections as well as outside resources.
Our Web Site is one of the services we provide as an enhancement to the overall library experience for our patrons, online users, and first time visitors. If you need help, we encourage you to ask our Reference Librarian for assistance in finding the best sources for your research.
>>> Announcing REACH FOR THE STARS - Summer Reading Club 2013. July 10 through August 8 at the Watertown Library. Special programs on Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m. Storytime on Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. Call the library at 860-945-5260 with any questions.
>>> Mark your Calendars for The 7th Annual Community Read presented by The Friends of the Watertown Library and The Watertown Library Association - Wednesday, October 16, 2013 at 7:00 pm - Watertown High School Auditorium, Watertown, CT. Book Signing after Presentation.
ROCKET BOYS by Homer H. Hickam Jr.
ROCKET BOYS is available for $10.00 at the Watertown Library.
>>> The Watertown Library Association is pleased to announce its community partnership with NASA's Space Place. Over 350 museums, planetariums and libraries participate in NASA's Space Place community partner program.
Watertown Library patrons can visit monthly displays in the library to keep abreast of NASA's exploration efforts along with a bi-monthly newsletter created exclusively for Community Partners.
Online information and fun:
- NASA's Space Place : where kids and grown-ups have fun with space science technology.
- The Space Place May - June 2013/Vol. 6, Issue 3.
- Climate Kids: with original online games and puzzles related to Earth science, weather and climate.
- SciJinks Weather Laboratory: where visitors are transported to the wild world of weather to learn about predicting global weather patterns.
>>> MYSTERY BOOK GROUP - Hosted by Robin Osborn - Wednesdays at 7pm at the Main Library. All are welcome to one or all discussions; books are available at the main library three to four weeks before each meeting.
- June 19: The Deadliest Strain by Jan Coffey
- July 17: Case Histories by Kate Atkinson
>>> FRIENDS READING GROUP 2013 - 2014 - Hosted by Robin Osborn - Oakville Branch Library TUESDAYs at 2PM
- September 10, 2013: F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby
- October 8, 2013: Homer Hickam, Rocket Boys
- November 5, 3013: Josephine Tey, The Daughter of Time
- December 3, 2013: Bee Wilson, Consider the Fork
- January 7, 2014: Robert Hellenga, The Sixteen Pleasures
- February 4, 2014: Geraldine Brooks, Caleb's Crossing
- March 4, 2014: Laura Hillenbrand, Unbroken
- April 8 2014: Zoe Ferraris, Finding Nouf
- May 6, 2014: Edith Wharton, The Age of Innocence
- June 3, 2014: Sonia Sotomayor, My Beloved World
>>> Adults come join us for PUZZLEMANIA - Tuesdays, 10:00am at the Oakville Branch Library (55 Davis Street, Oakville). Get together and build jigsaw puzzles. Refreshments and puzzles provided. Bring a friend or two for some good old fashioned fun!